THE HILLS EDIBLE VILLAGES PROJECT
Working with the local community to develop aesthetically pleasing, functional, accessible and edible landscapes in Hills villages.
Through our work on the Ridge Project we discovered many schools, community organisations and businesses that were passionate about the value of good food choices and gardening. This feedback has led to our current project where we are excited to be working with the local community to implement their ideas for Edible Villages in the Hills.
Sassafras has been identified as the ‘pilot’ village for this project and we are working at creating momentum to establish a strong volunteer-based team to assist with implementing the project in Sassafras.
We are grateful to the Yarra Ranges Council who through Community and Partnership Grants have provided funding for this project.
HOW TO BECOME INVOLVED
- Keep up to date and interact with us via The Hills Edible Villages Facebook Group
- Become a financial member of The Hills Food Frontier
- Contact us directly via Facebook or our contact us page to share any skills, expertise, resources or ideas that you have to offer
- Approach us with a related initiative that you feel we could support you in getting off the ground
- Come along to our gatherings and events
- Help spread the word about our wonderful organisation and the amazing work we are doing